Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: April 2012
There are many events to celebrate 2012 Celiac Awareness Month. Many celiac/gluten free sites are participating in getting the word out about celiac disease. Here is a list of some of the places you can learn more about this:
- What Health – Great article summarizing the goals of Celiac Awareness month along with a short list of events. The above graphic is from their site. Thank you!
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness – Central page for all of the events (in person and online), themed guest blogs from all of the “rock stars” of the gluten free/celiac community and more. They are the reason we have this month.
- iamjtheblog – J has put together a very ambitious project called “Life with CD/GI/GS in Pictures”. Every day a guest blogger will submit a picture/collage describing their life with celiac disease/gluten intolerance/gluten sensitivity or from the point of view of someone who lives with them. Check it out daily and look for our contibution on May 11th!
- East Bay Celiac – Has made a huge commitment to a daily posting of his life with Celiac Disease. As if that isn’t enough, he will also have guest posts from people living with GF folks AND he convinced some friends to live a week “as a celiac”. This is going to be good.
- Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) – Their Chef to Plate 2012 initiative highlights restaurants that raise gluten free awareness worldwide.
- Twin Cities Celiac Walk – “Making Tracks for Celiacs” is a Walk/Run for Celiac Disease Research & Awareness being held in Minnesota on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
- I have Celi-Ac what? is posting daily during Celiac Awareness Month. These are excellent and well written posts. Note: As of 5/19, these have moved to her new site, Glamorous Without Gluten.
- The Happy Gluten Free Vegan is doing a month of gf recipes.
- The Gluten Free RD is writing a post-a-day for all of Celiac Awareness Month.
- Ken Scheer is doing a post-a-day as well.
Updated 5/2/2012 – courtesy of wtfCeliac in our comments.
As always, if you are new to having to eat gluten free, check our sidebar for the “New to Gluten Free?” list of resources.
These are just the ones I could type up tonight. If your event isn’t on here, please post a comment below, send an email to email@example.com or let me know on twitter. More will be added as the month goes on.
We just added a link to our New to Gluten Free post. Eating Gluten Free on a Budget — Jessica of wtf!Celiac has put together a great list of tips for eating well (and gluten free) without breaking the bank. … Continue reading
We recently decided to support a Kickstarter project by Simone Shifnadel of Zenbelly Catering. Zenbelly Kitchen will be a shared gluten-free kitchen in San Francisco. From their Kickstarter site: The funds raised will go towards: Purchase equipment for production, including … Continue reading
As frequent readers of this site know (yes, all six of you!), I love me some pizza. I have had mixed results from several gluten free pizza mixes and my last attempt did everything but explode. This review of a … Continue reading